Thursday, May 18, 2006

Crafting & Summer Plans (Cuz *Everyone's* Asking Lately! ;)


How Gifts Are Made
Originally uploaded by Hello Doodle!.
Bellydancing has been a BIG deal lately. Brie and I sewed up some *awesome* tribal-ly looking pants. They look like skirts, but are wrap-around pants. I have cholis (half tops that are traditional for tribal bellydance) arriving in the mail sometime tomorrow, I think.

(Off-topic in a diagonal sort of way: All of the sudden, I can expose my belly. That's been such a big deal for me, even when I was "thin". I have had such a time of it making friends with my belly. And my breasts. They are so far from the social ideal, it's pathetic [as in "a pathos"]. But they have nurtured Mara and I'm going to turn 40 in another year and a half. I get to step gracefully to the left and not be in the 'gotta be the hottie' spotlight. I want/need to unconditionally accept all of me. Vogue just seems to keep me from it, I swear! LOL I really feel like I've made huge steps to get there these past few weeks. Here's to me making giant steps for womyn-kind by 2008. :)

I'm planning on dipping candles, making another Waldorf doll or two, sewing pads, making pocket diapers for Mara's dolls (she has a couple that 'pee' and she's at a loss about what to do with diapering. I think we could do some awesome things for environmental reasons. She is really into not wasting things now.), beading, making beads, decorating a "push-up" bra I found for a tribal bra (and repurposing a bunch of old jewelry in the process), making another tassel belt, soap making (Mom's put in an order for ginger soap). We've got a bunch of really cool craft kits hanging around, so we're going to do those too. I think there's even a mini-book making one somewhere. Oh, and friendship bracelets.

I have a Aryan cables blanket I'm still working on. I'll probably work on that on our way up and back from Tulsa/Lawton. I'm still working on that gorgeous sweater coat too. AND I'm planning on designing a choli and belt with the mitered knitting I've been doing.

Jut a few things for the summer. [g]

Oh, yeah. [bleck] and figure out what the heck I'm going to do for Yule/Christmas gifties. I had this cool plan about aquiring/making gifts all throughout the year. Yeah. Soooo not happening. Maybe when I grow up and don't have, like, *anything* else to do. [sigh] Oh, well. A grrrl's gotta have goals! LOL

No comments: